Miami Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a family member due to an accident that should never have happened, contact our wrongful death attorneys in Miami. Our knowledgeable litigators have a history of success in these cases, and we will use that experience to help you fight for fair compensation.
You won’t have to pay any fees unless we win. Contact our office at (305) 372-3650 to speak with a member of our team.
About Our Wrongful Death Attorneys
When seeking representation for your wrongful death claim, there are many law firms in Miami for you to choose from. The quality of legal representation that you receive, however, can vary drastically from one practice to another.
At Viñas & DeLuca Miami Injury Lawyers, our attorneys are in a league of their own. We pride ourselves on our reputation for providing clients with tenacious and effective representation, as well as for having a proven history of success both in and out of court.
Here are some qualities that set our attorneys apart from others in South Florida:
- Accessibility: One of the most important qualities of an effective law firm is being accessible to clients so they feel at ease and supported. Our wrongful death attorneys strive to go the extra mile to make ourselves available to our clients. If you are unable to come to us, then we will come to you—at home, in the hospital, or even at your favorite café. You will have a direct line to our team of attorneys. Moreover, we will answer all your calls, emails, and questions promptly so that you are kept in the loop and remain informed of any progress.
- Proven Legal Strategies: Many personal injury cases are settled outside of court and, as such, many attorneys do not even see the inside of a courtroom. It is important to have an attorney by your side that has experience litigating complex cases because you never know if your case may proceed to trial. Our attorneys have years of litigation experience as well as ample experience handling settlement negotiations, liaising with insurance companies, and gaining access to hard-to-access evidence that could strengthen your case. We have an array of proven legal strategies under our belt to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Good Reputation with Insurers: The respect of insurance companies can be a valuable asset when seeking a fair settlement. An insurance company might be less likely to dispute your family’s claim if they know that you are being represented by an attorney with litigation experience. Our attorneys are known for their tough litigation, which has earned us the respect of major insurance companies.
What to Bring to Your Free Initial Consultation
To make the most of your free initial consultation, you will need to be prepared. Gather as much relevant information and documentation as possible about the accident and your subsequent injuries to share with your Miami wrongful death attorney. Your legal team can then start to evaluate your claim and the evidence you have at hand to determine the strengths and weaknesses of your case.
Use this opportunity to ask questions and learn about the laws that relate to your case as well as how the claims process works. This may help you avoid making mistakes that could be detrimental to your case.
Here are a few items to bring with you to your initial consultation:
- Your Description of the Fatal Accident: You should write a detailed report of exactly how the fatal injury happened and everything you can remember about the incident. It is important to do this as soon as possible after the accident so no details are forgotten. Make note of information such as the circumstances that led to the accident, any injuries the victim sustained, if anyone saw the incident occur, if there was surveillance equipment in the vicinity, and any other details that may be relevant to your claim. Share this with your wrongful death lawyer during your initial consultation so your attorney can assess your claim and determine what evidence still needs to be uncovered to strengthen your case.
- The Official Incident Report: Bring the official accident report to your consultation. If police responded to the incident, they should have compiled an official report documenting their findings at the scene. This may contain useful information pertaining to liability, causation, and damages. It may also describe how the injuries occurred. This can all be used as important evidence during the claim proceedings.
- Medical Reports: Your attorney will need all relevant medical reports such as diagnostic imaging, procedures the deceased underwent, prescription records, insurance claims, and invoices.
- Proof of Loss of Income: Keep all the pay stubs, tax information, bank statements, and other financial records of the deceased. These can help your attorney or a financial expert with damages valuation.
Contact a Miami Wrongful Death Lawyer Near You
If you want to speak with a wrongful death attorney in a free consultation, contact Viñas & DeLuca Miami Injury Lawyers. You can reach our 24-hour phone line by calling (305) 372-3650 or by filling out our online contact form.